Subject: Lightwave Features I would like...
From: [email-masked] (Neil Richmond)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 94 13:35:57 -0700

Add or reinforce previous requests for lightwave:

1) I would like to see box relections - The ability to place a separate maps
  on 6 virtual sides of a box around a scene for relection mapping. This
  allows for crisper mapping on flat surfaces. This should be tileable.
2) Refraction mapping - this simulates refraction without having the high
   overhead of raytracing
3) I would like multiple viewports while doing animation. I would also like to
   assign cameras arbitrarily to any of these ports. These cameras could be
   orthographic or prespective cameras. Also cameras should be parentable to
   any object. This would allow the ability to have an ortho view of a charac-
   ter no matter what his position in real space.
4) I would like cut and paste hierachy. I would like to be able to easily 
   parent and unparent objects like cameras or cut or clone whole hieracrhical 
   trees and paste them onto other objects.
5) I would like to see the ability to do channel math like copy a channel to
   another with a multiplier or calculate an offset onto a channel
6) I would like a textport that can take typed input like channel math or
   hierarchical changes, lists of objects and their files etc.

This is just a little wishlist. Thanks.

neil

" Give a skeptic an inch and he'll measure it. "
Neil F. Richmond         [email-masked]
Rhythm & Hues Inc.